Monday, September 30, 2013

Cape Shamrock Blooms


I wanted to show you a couple of pictures of my Cape shamrock, a plant I've been in love with for over a year now. It has just started a new cycle of bloom. The color is a bit much here, I know. I try to adjust the light in Picasa and it just makes everything look neon. The leaves and flowers actually are deeply colored, though.


I put it outside this summer when it started to look a little pale and tired. If I had remembered that it's supposed to go dormant, I might have withheld water for a while and just let it go to sleep until fall. As it is, I put it in a bright, humid spot outside and it produced a new flush of leaves. Then, a couple of weeks ago it started to send up lots of flower shoots again. So pretty!

 ~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment