I think you're going to be thrilled with the latest contest at Timber Press. The "Garden Outside the Garden" contest highlights the many aspects of gardening that do not involve working a big patch of soil, from choosing and caring for houseplants to planning next year's garden and more. What better time to begin to turn our attention to those things than autumn?
Take a look at this collection!
- The Layered Garden: Design Lessons for Year-Round Beauty from Brandywine Cottage by David Culp
- Keshiki Bonsai: The Easy, Modern Way to Create Miniature Landscapes by Kenji Kobayashi
- The Roots of My Obsession: Thirty Great Gardeners Reveal Why They Garden by Thomas C. Cooper
- Super-Charged: How Outlaws, Hippies, and Scientists Reinvented Marijuana by Jim Rendon
- The Unexpected Houseplant: 220 Extraordinary Choices for Every Spot in Your Home by Tovah Martin
And guess what? If you win, you get ALL of them!
AND the winner will receive a tote bag and print by artist Brooke Weeber, whose illustrations decorate the prettiest contest page I've seen. That's a little taste of her lighthearted work at the top of this post.
For more details about the contest and giveaway items, and to enter the contest, go to the Garden Outside the Garden home page and provide your email address. That's it! You have until 5 p.m. Pacific Time on November 16, 2012 to enter.