Friday, June 22, 2012

A Friday Flaunt

Marsh pink hobnobbing with white top pitcher plant.

My tiny bog bowl is blooming again—in spite of being attacked by squirrels and chipmunks more than once. Although there's still a slip of an orchid in there, I haven't seen it bloom yet, so hands down it's marsh pink for Best of the Bog award today!

Marsh pink (Sabatia dodecandra) is such a sweet native flower, and easy to grow as long as you can keep the roots moist. Pollinators love it, it's pretty, and it has a pleasing, light fragrance. Plant Delights sells it, if you decide you would like to try it for yourself.

~*~

Happy Friday!  

5 comments:

  1. I checked mine earlier this week, didn't see any blooms. Will have to go back down to check again!! Love that pretty pink bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful marsh pink. I've never seen that plant before, so I learned something new today--thank you, and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that flower is gorgeous!! :) I'm trying to turn my brown thumb a bit greener - glad to have found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Twitter follow! Your photography is beautiful! I don't know much about having a shade garden. We only have a small strip next to the house that is shady. I look forward to learning from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just so happy to see that you have linked in this week...and to have the chance to visit here today!! I thank you so much for linking in and sharing your post with my party today!
    I have shared your post this week with the Tootsie Time Facebook page.
    Have a wonderful week...what is left of it! lol
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    ReplyDelete