Thursday, March 8, 2012

Daffodil Sci-Fi


Does this look kind of creepy to you?  With the sun shining through the bud like that, I would swear there's some kind of animal in there!


I'm hoping for this, and thankfully, it's a little more likely than a gremlin.  I believe this is Narcissus 'Mon Cherie'.  I pulled up the shadows on the photo a wee bit, which darkened the color; it isn't quite so orange in the garden.  It is considered a pink daffodil, but the cup color is closer to apricot.  Don't you love the ruffles?  So pretty.

~*


5 comments:

  1. Very Nice Darcia! I am so found of daffodils. They can defiantly brighten a grey cloudy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Mon Cherie'...what a fitting name. As to the top photo....Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty bloom! Love that peach and white! I've never looked closely like that first pic - hope it's a bloom, and not a bug! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love ruffles and all the different colors. I like the first picture, quite unusual

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a pretty daffodil. I love the water droplets on your photo!

    ReplyDelete