Thursday, July 7, 2011

GardenWalk

lichen covered rock stepping stone
my favorite stepping stone with ajuga


Do you tweet?  Every evening on Twitter you can find people posting pictures of their gardens, containers, paths, individual plants and whatever they might encounter as they make a stroll through their gardens.  It is fun and often inspiring to see what comes up.

If you already have a Twitter account, search for #gardenwalk (or click my link) to find the tweets.  If you aren't on Twitter, sign up!  The more the merrier on there.  There are lots of amazing gardeners and plant people to follow and learn from.

Here are a couple of my gardenwalk pictures from earlier this week.

writing spider in whitefly infexted gardenia
a smart writing spider hanging out in a whitefly infested gardenia

dog drinking from bird bath
the dog who thinks he's a bird?

pinky winky hydrangea in woodland garden
Pinky Winky hydrangea just opening up and not yet pink.

zinnias and herbs
Zinnias, Mrs. Burns lemon basil, golden pineapple sage, Cuban oregano.

Twitter is also a great place to win things.  So far I have won three books and a ticket to see Felder Rushing at Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden, all of which thrill me no end.

By the way, there is also a regular #GardenChat, but it's a little past my bedtime.  Click the link for full instructions...if you stay up past sunset.  ;)

Hope to see you on Twitter.  Follow me and I'll follow you back!