Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Walking to the Beach


Someone loves lilies and filled a little garden beside the canal with them. I walk by on my way to the beach and take a peek over the pretty white fence at them.


Walking by the Barbie garden takes me a few steps out of the way, but I have to go by and see the developments every time.

On further, to one of the public access walkways.....



I love the weathered gray of these walkways and the way this one winds over the dunes to the beach.  At the bottom of the stairs is always a little pile of sandy shoes.  Every now and then the scent of coconut will waft by, someone's sunscreen smelling delicious.


This is Ocean Isle Beach, our family getaway spot  Once the weather says summer, we are either there or trying to work out getting there.

Life slows way down at the beach, doesn't it.  The sound of the water, the breeze and the sun are relaxing and rejuvenating.


I took these pictures with my cell phone. Can you believe how good tiny little cameras are these days? So handy, too!

It's been a while since I posted here, but I've been thinking about you!  I hope you're enjoying the beach, the lake, a garden, or your backyard this last day of May.

~Daricia