Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!


Hi again and a happy new year to those of you who still read my blog! I took a completely unintended break for almost a month -- I had at least a dozen more Advent Botanical posts in queue that I never posted! -- but I hope to get back in the swing things soon.

Do you know the painting I've posted above? It's one of my favorites.  It is Carl Larssen's Flowers on the Windowsill.  (Blomsterfoenstret in Swedish.)   This time of year I spend a lot of time in my plant window just like this girl.  I love indoor gardening more and more because you can control the environment.  No deer or voles in here, either.

There is a very good website about Carl Larsson and his art if you would like to see more of his beautiful paintings or learn more about him and his family.  If you happen to be in Sweden, you can visit his home and garden.  I would love to hear about it if you've been there.  One of these days maybe my dreamy self will make it to Scandinavia.

To those of you who joined, subscribed or added me to your blogroll this month: I'm honored! Thank you so much!

Joy and Blessings to you in 2011,
Daricia

PS  For the other plant nerds out there, did you notice the fuchsia in the painting? Most of the plants are a bit stylized, but you can't deny that unique flower.  The ivy is a pretty sure thing, too.  Yes, I know, it's a sickness.  :D