Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fall Leaves for Foliage Follow-up Day

The view from my patio.  

Can you believe this fall color?    The leaves are spectacular this year!  I can't recall a time when they were quite so beautiful in Charlotte.  The reds and oranges are particularly intense and more prevalent than usual.  Gold, yellow, purple, nearly black, there is just an unbelievable array.  If only I could do them justice, but you get the idea -- stunning!

Shasta viburnum

Forsythia

Mahonia with elm

Unidentified oak - if you know which one it is, please let me know.

Ajuga 'Black Scallop'
Oakleaf hydrangea 'Alice.'  Look how huge it is!

More backyard gorgeousness.

Thanks to Pam for hosting Foliage Follow-up Day so I had a good excuse to post these.  I hope you have beautiful leaves wherever you are and that you are able to get outside and enjoy them today.

14 comments:

  1. Alice is HUGE! Wow. I am enjoying the fall colors here in Greenwood too. Your unidentified oak is a white oak...rounded lobes=white oak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live on a farm, and we do have many trees that shed beautiful leaves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning color! I'm envious. But look at that intriguingly dark Ajuga 'Black Scallop' too. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are enjoying fantastic color here as well. It has been amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your yard. Colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I can understand why you can't stop looking at it! (Came here via your tweet!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How blessed you are to have that view from your patio - it is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible view from your patio - such vibrant colors. And I just planted the Hydrangea 'Alice' - hope I get the leaf size and color yours produced.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous fall foliage!!! That Ajuga looks very interesting. Would like to try it. Thanks for sharing the view from your patio!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! love the colors of your yard, I wish I could enjoy a view like that

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's beautiful! Glad to hear that you are having an exceptionally colorful year. Up here, the fall foliage was probably below average in terms of bright colors, though some trees (especially maples) were just as colorful as normal. The one thing that was exceptional was the number of acorns.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How marvelous to be able to enjoy the fall colors from your patio, Daricia! I simply adore seeing pictures of them. We don't get to enjoy these in our tropical Malaysia, the nearest to these fall colours are seen on our Croton bushes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete