Friday, September 10, 2010

Bizarre Botanicals ~ I won!


Here's a good reason to get a Twitter account if you don't have one already:  You might win something!  This week I won an advance copy of Bizarre Botanicals by Larry Mellichamp and Paula Gross from Timber Press!


I'm not sure if Red Spiral Ginger (Costus barbatus) is included, but it is the sort of thing you will learn how to grow at home from this book.  Lots of uncommon and fascinating plants are profiled.

Bizarre Botanicals is scheduled for release around Halloween so I will let you know more about it before then.  I got a sneak peek of it at UNCC last night, and I think we will love it!

Follow Timber Press on Twitter.  And aCLTgarden, too.

Photos taken at the McMillan Greenhouse last night.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, how beautiful and strange! You show me the coolest things!
    Congrats on winning the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way am I going to get a twitter account, I waste too much time with blogs to add to my time depletion in life. Your pictures are beautiful, take care, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, rebecca! i always love to get comments from you!

    gina, you are making me laugh! i know what you mean! i have to try really hard to stay offline some days. i do enjoy twitter, though. glad you like the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! :) That's great! I'll have to look for that book when it comes out! :) And, of course, your photographs are wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete