Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wordless Wednesday (Well, close.)



I went to Hollis Gardens in Lakeland, Florida back in March and fell in love with the poppies which were already in full bloom.  Orange ones (orange!) were growing near the parking lot just before you reach the entrance gate.  It was a breezy day, which was frustrating, and I was not particularly patient, but they were gorgeous so I snapped a few shots and hoped for the best.  Mostly blurry as you would expect, but I just love how this one turned out.  Doesn't it look kind of watercolor-y?  Watercolor poppies dancing in the wind...yay!

5 comments:

  1. I never do wordless Wednesday, so you are ahead of me ! I'm too wordy in general , take care , pretty picture. Tell us soon how you're changing your garden ? I think you said that in a comment on my blog, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, We are having a patio put in and a couple of retaining walls. I have a mud pit in the backyard right now! I have the dream garden in mind (like you mentioned in your blog), but the process is taking a while. I am really excited, though. Can't wait until I can plant the new beds. I'll post befores and afters sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poppies do look like watercolors painted by nature don't they? Your photo is lovely.~~Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo feels like Florida! Gorgeous colors and I do love the painterly effect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a Beautiful image...That flower screams "Lovely Summer Day"...
    Very Nice...
    .
    .
    .
    My Recently Launched Gardening Blog:
    www.totallyterrafirma.com

    Please feel free to register and leave any comments or thoughts that you might have...
    And Remember - The Good Earth Provides The Soil That Ultimately Feeds The Soul...

    ReplyDelete