Monday, June 21, 2010

Painted Chairs and Sweet Tea


I doubt I would ever, could ever run out of things to say about plants.  I never tire of learning more about them, hanging out with them.  But lately thinking about anything for more than a few minutes is exhausting!  Maybe it's the heat.  We blame the heat for everything in the south.  Ninety-five degrees and high humidity for days on end does zap your energy for everything but sitting on the porch with some iced tea.  Good southern tea is sweet and cold, by the way, with lemon and a sprig of mint - if you want to get fancy.

Before porch time, which for us usually starts around 5 or 6 in the evening, I might be inclined to sit a spell in one of the artist-designed seats at the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden and take in the view.   You can come, too.













2 comments:

  1. Visiting the Daniel Stowe gardens is on my "to-do" list for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post ! really fun chairs and beautiful gardens, thanks ! Gina

    ReplyDelete