Friday, April 16, 2010

Foliage Follow-up Day

To go along with my mostly wordless Bloom Day post yesterday, a mostly wordless Foliage Follow-Up. Thank you to Pam at Digging for hosting.


Acer palmatum var. dissectum, Threadleaf Japanese maple

Hosta sieboldiana 'Elegans'

Aesculus pavia, Red Buckeye

Farfugium japonicum 'Jitsuko's Star', Leopard Plant

Hosta 'Bright Lights'

Hypericum, St. John's Wort

Nasturtium seedling, Trapaeolum majus 'Mahogany', one of my favorite leaves.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. I think there is a lot of beauty in foliage too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the delicate maple leaves contrast nicely against the other, more solid leaves. It's great evidence that a plant doesn't have to have showy flowers to be prized by everyone who owns it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love, love, love the chartreuse tracery of your Japanese maple leaves. I would love to grow hostas too, but they don't love Austin's heat and drought. I'll just enjoy the pics of yours instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. I love the leaves of nasturtiums. I honestly really don't even care if they flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whole lotta foliage going on at your house. I adore Japanese maples, and although I was first won over by the reds, I am not entranced by the green ones. Aren't we lucky we can grow them?~~Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that cutleaf Japanese Maple, what a beauty.

    ReplyDelete