Monday, March 15, 2010

Philodendron bipinnatifidum in the landscape

Philodendron bipinnatifidum

Last month I posted a picture of the fiddle-leaf philodendron growing in a pot in my dining room.  It has been a delight all winter, growing fast and maintaining a gorgeous, translucent green in spite of the weather outside - and the dry air inside.  I put it in the ground a couple of weeks ago, and look at it now!  Ha - just kidding.   I took this picture at Bok Tower Gardens in Lake Wales, Florida last week.  (80 degree day, bright blue sun - a dream of a day. I love Florida.) Fiddle-leaf philodendron was all over the place in Florida, even showing up as a mailbox vine from time to time.  Here it is growing happily at the edge of a pond.  Do you think I'll be able to get leaves that big on a potted plant?  What about flowers?  Here's hoping!   

1 comment:

  1. I think getting a plant with leaves that big are certainly worth a try!!! Maybe having it outside in the summer will make it grow gangbusters.

    ReplyDelete