Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Weeding!


Who would've guessed weeds could look this pretty? I confess to having a weakness for tiny plants, especially tiny blossoms so when I went on a walk yesterday evening, I couldn't resist these. Weed flowers are beautiful up close, aren't they? The white violet  in the foreground smells nice, too. So here - just for you - put this on your windowsill and enjoy!

Thought you might like to see it from above, too.

1.  Viola papilionacea, Blue Violet
2.  Viola rafinesquii, Field Pansy - the only Viola native to North America
3.  Lamium purpureum, Henbit
4.  Cardamine hirsuta, Bittercress
5.  Stellaria media, Chickweed
6.  Veronica persica, Speedwell
7.  Senecio vulgaris, Groundsel
8.  Taraxacum officinale, Dandelion


P.S. I forgot to mention scale. The container is about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.


3 comments:

  1. I love this idea and have been picking weeds around the neighborhood ever since I saw this post!! They've added a lovely touch of spring to the house. It's amazing how weeds really can be gorgeous and best of all they are free! Plus, I like to think I'm saving something that would have otherwised been unloved :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've made my day, renee! that's exactly how i feel about weeds.

    ReplyDelete