Monday, March 22, 2010

Drowning (in) Daffodils



I am so nuts about daffodils! This year is especially nice because: We had good weather while the leaves were growing last year, meaning plenty of rain. Then, we had a long, cool winter. The longer winter kept the early varieties dormant longer than usual, so now the earlies and the mid-seasons are blooming at the same time. That = lots of daffodils at once! I went out in the rain this morning to take the photo of Pink Charm above. Have you tried to hold a camera, an umbrella, and get a daffodil to pose for you at the same time? Here's what happens - wet butt and dirty knees. :)




I arranged some in a dish for you when I got inside. Do you know Thalia, Barrett Browning, Pink Radiance (aka Delnashaugh), Pink Charm, Minnow, Chromacolor, Replete, Accent, and Jetfire? There are a couple of others in there that I'm not sure of because I inherited quite a few daffodils with the house. If you know them, please introduce me.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love the first daffodil. What a gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daffodils are one of my favourite spring flowers along with narcissus which I remember in our garden when I was small. We get a few here in florist shops but the climate is too warm for them to grow in our garden.

    I love your photos! You have a lovely selection there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love these!! Beautiful!
    It's me on Nicks account...btw.

    ReplyDelete