Monday, February 15, 2010

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day

A stroll over to May Dreams Gardens will give you a little lift in the middle of all this winter weather.  It's another Garden Bloggers Bloom Day!  The snow has slowed down the usual February crescendo in NC - my garden is at least a week or two behind for this time of year so there is very little blooming.   I found a few opening vinca blossoms.  We must have a quarter acre of that, left to us by gardeners living in our home before we did.  Shortly it will be sparkling blue.  It compliments the bulbs so well and covers the shady ground where grass won't grow, so we continue to tolerate its excessive abundance.  I showed you my muddy christmas hellebore a few days ago.  It still looks fresh.  The crocus is still alone in its patch.  There are a few snowdrops, but not as many as I expected.  Hopefully they are just delayed and not eaten by rodents.  That short list is everything blooming in my garden today, unless you count weeds.  Cardamine  has appeared all over and is beginning to bloom.  I'm fond of certain weeds, especially delicate- looking, early ones that reseed and then disappear like this one, so let's count it.  Plus cardamine makes 5 for February. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Cardamine shows up in my garden, too, only I didn't know its name and always wondered what it was. Now I know! Thank you! I don't like to pull it, either, because it looks so delicate!

    ReplyDelete