Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Foliage Follow-Up


Pam at Digging hosts Foliage Follow-Up "giving foliage as well as bark, berries, and other non-flowering features a day of celebration on the day after May Dreams Carol’s popular and beloved Garden Bloggers Bloom Day." My offering for the day is this fiddle leaf philodendron, Philodendron bipinnatifidum.  The light from my dining room window makes the leaves translucent - I feel a little joy every morning when I see that.  It has grown to twice the size it was when I got it last fall and will grow much larger still, provided I give it a new pot soon and plenty of water.  I've planned ahead - ever hopeful, I am - and bought a rolling plant stand for $5 at IKEA in case it gets so big I can't pick it up one day.  :D

5 comments:

  1. aloha,

    i love your philodendron, its quiet striking on your buffet and window, i don't try to grow these in hawaii, they will just start climbing up the trees and taking over..thanks for posting today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice philodendron-I have a couple under a tree and they are great easy care plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your philodendron has a beautiful shape - not bunched up or scraggly like some I have seen. It would make me happy to see it every day too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great spot for those big, beautiful leaves. Thanks for joining in for Foliage Follow-Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. noel, don't even say hawaii right now - we're having the coldest february in 75 years in NC!

    nicole, easy care plants - those are the best kind.

    melody, i hope it stays that way. i'm not sure what to expect as it ages.

    pam, my house is situated with the front facing south. it is really wonderful for house plants in the winter. the oaks and elms shade those windows after april so i move most things out then.

    ReplyDelete