Friday, October 2, 2009

The Royal Gardens




Royal Gardens is a nursery and garden shop in the Elizabeth section of Charlotte.  This historic neighborhood continues to be beautifully restored.  Royal specializes in antique roses and garden art.  This time of year the huge pots and wrought iron pieces may be more interesting than the plants, but I saw names like 'mutabilis' and 'new dawn' among the selections outside and roses, like most shrubs, do well if planted in the fall.  I'll go back to Royal next spring when their unusual antique roses fill up the nursery out back of the shop and convince myself I have enough sun to grow one.  You know I don't.  But I'll go home with one anyway.  Inside, there is stained glass, ceramic and wire art along with cards, seeds, textiles.  The shop and the lovely, old house are delightful any time of year.













2 comments:

  1. What a beautifully restored house. Thank you for the tour through The Royal Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete