Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wing Haven Spring Garden Tour 2008

espaliered pyracantha...isn't this the coolest thing??

The Wing Haven Garden Tour was this past weekend, May 10 and 11. Saturday the weather was great, and the homeowners, designers and Wing Haven volunteers were all friendly and helpful. It really made my Mother's Day weekend. Here are a few things I captured with my camera. Like most of the people there, I was looking for ideas for my own yard, so my photos tend to reflect that, ie. not so many plant pictures, mostly structure, design, materials. I hope you see something you can use, too. Enjoy! (Click on the picture for a larger version, or hover your mouse over it for a description.)

i'm trying to convince my husband that dwarf mondo is better than grass sometimes.
these rusty little mice are part of a garden gate
drought tolerant and environmentally friendly
unusual container plantings
put your plants on a pedestal!i don't even know what to say about this i loved it so much!  it's my favorite vignette of the tour.  notice the coffee table full of sedums.
a hidden retreat behind the garage
a little formality in myers park
espaliered little gem magnolia
a beautiful shade border
i thought this was a stylish way to feed the birds
Wing Haven Gardens
the elizabeth lawrence garden.  it's currently undergoing renovation under the supervision of lindie wilson
woodland plants...look at those gorgeous foxgloves!
can you tell this waterfall is man-made?  it felt like being in the mountains!

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled across your blog and have to say that I really enjoyed the garden photos. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I'm glad you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete