Thursday, May 15, 2008

Oakleaf Hydrangea

Hydrangea quercifolia "Alice"


This shrub has been a joy. I bought it as a birthday present to myself several years ago and wasn't sure where to plant it. So, it stayed in the container for about 3 years. Finally my husband had had enough and he dug a hole (as I fretted the pluses and minuses of that location) and plopped it into the ground. I was still debating outloud with myself as he watered it, mulched it and went back in the house. It's been in the ground for two years now and seems to love where it is. So do I. It's in a dappled shade spot with azaleas, fothergilla and hemlock and I can see it from my front windows. I just put a climbing hydrangea in that bed as well. After I learn to use my camera a little better, I'll post a wide view of the whole bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment