Monday, March 17, 2008



My husband and I are gardening in the front yard when our neighbor gives us this conspiratorial shout, "Don't worry, we won't tell!"

Big smile, wink wink.

I'm clueless. Does she have some sort of inside joke with my husband? No response from him. We both stand and stare like deer.

Later, after amusing each other with speculation, it dawns. We were watering! And there is a mandatory restriction for Charlotte and Mecklenburg County. You cannot water your lawn, run a sprinkler, wash your car or fill a pool. But, maybe we were out of date with the particulars, so I called 311 and asked.

I'm glad our neighbor's willing to cover for us, but you know what? It's fine to water your trees and shrubs!

City of Charlotte Mandatory Restrictions: Drought 2008

As long as hand-watering of ornamentals is allowed, I figure we're doing our best for the community by taking shorter showers and continuing to keep our beautiful shrubs and trees alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment